[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transgender former Navy SEAL

Transgender former Navy SEAL

Pretty interesting story. This person felt he was living in a woman's body since childhood. finally came out and is discussing it after his military service. Sounds like an interesting film. thoughts?

As a man named Christopher Beck, she deployed as a SEAL 13 times, including operations in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere. Along the way, Beck earned a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart.

Identifying herself as a woman, Beck has felt trapped in the wrong body since grade school, but didn't come out until after leaving the military in 2011.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/03/us/lad...html?hpt=hp_c3

Re: Transgender former Navy SEAL

Bleah. There's nothing I find interesting about this.

I think that's really Jake from State Farm.

Yet Michelle Obama's clothes you find fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    Yet Michelle Obama's clothes you find fascinating.
    No, I find it ridiculous that the media tries to paint Michelle as the second-coming of Jackie O.

This is a non-story. The media portrays it like he was already a female doing the manliest of things (being a Navy Seal and putting foot in ass for his country). He was a "man" then and not what he has become. I would think that having gone through the hormonal treatment process to finish up his transition to being the woman he thought he could be, that it would be impossible for him to be a Navy Seal again and do all of the things related to that job which in some ways require efforts no woman or even some of the most in shape men can handle doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog
    This is a non-story. The media portrays it like he was already a female doing the manliest of things (being a Navy Seal and putting foot in ass for his country). He was a "man" then and not what he has become. I would think that having gone through the hormonal treatment process to finish up his transition to being the woman he thought he could be, that it would be impossible for him to be a Navy Seal again and do all of the things related to that job which in some ways require efforts no woman or even some of the most in shape men can handle doing.

I don't see that at all. Of course he was physically a man while he was a SEAL. It's not in dispute and not sure where you saw the underlined part above in the article. What I found interesting was how he hid his thoughts deep enough to perform at the level he did and in the environment he did.

Banned

Sounds like a SoProud Thread

Look at Guck, trying to convince the world he can read.

Not surprised at the lack of interest here. No biggie.

I don't understand these people. Do they want to be considered the other gender, or do they want to be considered transgendered? If you want to live your life as a woman, why announce it to the world? Why not just make the change and live as a woman?

Banned

Typical as usual :roll:

Whew, I was afraid he was being unusual while being typical!
    King Jackass

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    nope that would be you

However this is what I am talking about, Unprovoked....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog

I don't see that at all. Of course he was physically a man while he was a SEAL. It's not in dispute and not sure where you saw the underlined part above in the article. What I found interesting was how he hid his thoughts deep enough to perform at the level he did and in the environment he did.

It's because he was PHYSICALLY capable of doing such. He grew up a child and into manhood as a male. Let's see him make it through BUDS now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    I don't understand these people. Do they want to be considered the other gender, or do they want to be considered transgendered? If you want to live your life as a woman, why announce it to the world? Why not just make the change and live as a woman?
    Everybody is different. Some people identify as trans; some don't. But for the people who deal with a gender/anatomy mismatch, the amount of stress and trauma suffered throughout their lives due to the inherent bigotry in our society is incredible. The benefit of more people sharing their stories and announcing their transition is to undermine that bigotry and to promote awareness and, subsequently, acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    nope that would be you

Talking about with whom? Your imaginary...,,.. Friend?,.!$
    King Jackass

No offense, dude, but why should I GaF? It doesn't change my life either way, and if a guy wants to have a sex change, have at it. I'm all for his right to do so. I guess I just don't take an interest in what other people want to do with their life. That probably comes with not being a Fascist.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U

No offense, dude, but why should I GaF? It doesn't change my life either way, and if a guy wants to have a sex change, have at it. I'm all for his right to do so. I guess I just don't take an interest in what other people want to do with their life. That probably comes with not being a Fascist.

I'm sure there's a wide range of classifications between being interested in what others are doing / saying and being a fascist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    nope that would be you

Talking about with whom? Your imaginary...,,.. Friend?,.!$
    Nope still your mother...mother*#*$*

Is that more weird Guck punctuation or are you trying to call me a name? One never can tell when the Guck-head is involved.
    King Jackass

Thread Information