[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it about people who actually like FSU's new look?

What is it about people who actually like FSU's new look?

Why does anyone like this new uniform? Am I missing something? Are there just ppl online who work for the AD?

Consider the following:

-Chris Fowler commented how they couldn't see the numbers well
    -Tim Brando has said now they suck
    -A blogger from OSU commented on how bad they were
    -A poll on WC had support for the new look at just 14%. (15 ppl out of 107 like the new unis)

The logo, the more I see it the more ridiculous it looks.

The car tags are missing the word "State", and all three have the idiot logo on them.

Regarding the helmets....I have seen back on WC a rumor of inside info that the gold was not "the gold" they wanted and the order was a mistake. If this is true, clearly another "oh ****" moment by those in charge. And they have had many.

I'm thinking Nike was actually not the dumbasses who put together such a combo for our away jersey that you can't see the numbers. Nike is greedy, but not inept.

I also saw some post about the away uniforms will change or be changed. Good news I guess.

Re: What is it about people who actually like FSU's new look

I dont even know what to say any longer on this matter.

FSU administration, especially the athletic dept, is a train wreck. The uniforms and logo are a suitable representation of them. Dog poop

I like the update. I think that new uniforms look sleeker and more contemporary than the old ones. I like the inclusion of Seminole pictograms, and I like the allusion to St Patrick's saltire on the helmets.

With regard to the logo, the current one is an improvement simply because it's no longer an old white guy in red face putting on a minstrel show. It's still problematic, and I have no doubt that it will be phased out entirely in a decade or two.

I can live with the new spear on the helmets, if they would cut the shaft off before they cross each other. It just doesn't look right from behind seeing the X.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    I like the update. I think that new uniforms look sleeker and more contemporary than the old ones. I like the inclusion of Seminole pictograms, and I like the allusion to St Patrick's saltire on the helmets.

With regard to the logo, the current one is an improvement simply because it's no longer an old white guy in red face putting on a minstrel show. It's still problematic, and I have no doubt that it will be phased out entirely in a decade or two.
    Personally, I think that they should leave everything alone. It just seems that teams build traditions and histories in some part due to their look. Small changes are ok but these were a complete makeover. I can see how some are upset.
    Having said that, I think that they look sleeker as well. I like the inclusions you mentioned are good. I just have an issue with the colors (hard to see/not exactly garnet and gold)...clean those up and they should be ok. As for the logo, I just don't like it. The old one with minor touch ups would have been ok. I do agree with you though, in this day and age, certainly the logo will be phased out. Hopefully, the university will not cave on the name.
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

Banned

I am glad no one actually thinks like this in real life.... Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    FSU administration, especially the athletic dept, is a train wreck. The uniforms and logo are a suitable representation of them. Dog poop

I think of it more as the athletic marketing arm only. If it were corporate America, the leadership in that department would have been terminated for incompetency after all of these problems. The logo, #askjameis, these hideous uni's, and many other problems.

The collar and shoulders are sweet, I think they're a major improvement.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

The collar would be fine if it didn't have the horrible new logo on it.

The shoulders are too much. Tacky.

I wouldn't mind the uniforms if the colors were better and the terrible logo were removed.
    King Jackass

So do you think all of this is a ploy to a bigger plan?

FSU think, hey if we just change our logo and brand to be as horrible as we possibly can then the fans will be happy when the time comes and we have to change our name to the bobcats or panthers or some other stupid name.......

I definitely do not think that this is a conspiracy.

I do hope, however, that the university is planning for the eventual changing of the mascot.

The amount of fear and anger regarding the possibility of changing the mascot is odd to me. The mascot is ancillary and relatively young aspect of the university. FSU, like Stanford, would be just fine changing the mascot to something less vulnerable to exploitation and offense.

I do hope, however, that the university is planning for the eventual changing of the mascot.

The amount of fear and anger regarding the possibility of changing the mascot is odd to me. The mascot is ancillary and relatively young aspect of the university. FSU, like Stanford, would be just fine changing the mascot to something less vulnerable to exploitation and offense.
    Seminoles as a name is not offensive, has never been deemed offensive. It is not an offensive word to say. The word harms no one. The mascot replaced Sammy, however the team name is as old as the program. It would be a real stretch to say the mascot is offensive.

My God it amazes me how much you suck at each and every facet of being a human being. It's actually quite impressive, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler

My God it amazes me how much you suck at each and every facet of being a human being. It's actually quite impressive, in a way.
    Cut him some slack, he posted in another thread he is a racist, and anyone that exhibits racist behaviors would have a hard time portraying their thoughts about this situation correctly and without bias.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep

Seminoles as a name is not offensive, has never been deemed offensive. It is not an offensive word to say. The word harms no one. The mascot replaced Sammy, however the team name is as old as the program. It would be a real stretch to say the mascot is offensive.
    You will notice that I mentioned vulnerability to exploitation and offense. For example, during our first game this season, an opposing fan made an intensely offensive sign regarding the trail of tears that was broadcast on national television. This sign was predicated on FSU's use of a Native American tribe as a mascot. Additionally, two Caucasian men dressed as stereotypical Indians were also broadcast nationally as supporters of FSU in the stands at the game. That offensive action was also predicated on FSU's use of a Native American tribe as a mascot.

Of course, there is still the major problem of having a white guy dressed in red face performing a minstrel show at every home game. That is undeniably vulnerable to accusations of racism and exploitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler

Cut him some slack, he posted in another thread he is a racist, and anyone that exhibits racist behaviors would have a hard time portraying their thoughts about this situation correctly and without bias.
    In accordance with human nature, everybody exhibits racist behavior, and nobody is capable of discussing anything without the influence of their own biases. I am in no way unique in those aspects.

You will notice that I mentioned vulnerability to exploitation and offense. For example, during our first game this season, an opposing fan made an intensely offensive sign regarding the trail of tears that was broadcast on national television. This sign was predicated on FSU's use of a Native American tribe as a mascot. Additionally, two Caucasian men dressed as stereotypical Indians were also broadcast nationally as supporters of FSU in the stands at the game. That offensive action was also predicated on FSU's use of a Native American tribe as a mascot.

Of course, there is still the major problem of having a white guy dressed in red face performing a minstrel show at every home game. That is undeniably vulnerable to accusations of racism and exploitation.
    So does the black men dressed in traditional tribal gear at the Hurricanes game a predication of the USE of the term Hurricanes and is it to be considered offensive as well?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't understand your question.

Thread Information