[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the single most important political issue to you?

What's the single most important political issue to you?

Abortion?
    Gay rights?
    Immigration?

For me it's taxes and spending. I think we are taxed way too much in this country, and at least a third of our government expenditures are flushing money down the drain.

You?

Re: What's the single most important political issue to you?

Giving into terrorist and exchanging their captured leaders for pows.

Gross and unprecedented unequal distribution of wealth.

Illegal Immigration.

I take a broader view than concerning myself with one single issue or perceived threat. What drives my political ideology is this; I support trying create the circumstances where the most humans will do the best. I don't care about left vs right. I don't care about any of the pet phrases people from all political spectrum use. I just care about making sure the maximum number of people have the best chance to succeed trying do their best
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."

-- Richard P. Feynman.

The ever-increasing size of the central government and the soul-crushing scope of the regulatory complex.

Maintaining and improving the government's ability to maximize the happiness and security of the people.

Taxes and spending.
    I have no problem helping the helpless but have a serious problem helping the hopeless. We have to be careful what kind of behavior we incentiveize...it leads to abuse and laziness. I do not believe in income equality or lifestyle equality.
    We are the greatest country on earth in part because we are the most successful. By continuing to deficit spend like this only weakens us.
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

In general terms, overreach of the federal government.

Specifically, I'd say federal spending.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtNole
    Abortion?
    Gay rights?
    Immigration?

For me it's taxes and spending. I think we are taxed way too much in this country, and at least a third of our government expenditures are flushing money down the drain.

You?

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND THE AMOUNT OF FREE CRAP WE ARE GIVING FOLKS WHO DON'T CONTRIBUTE TO THE COUNTRY

Taxes and spending
    Illegal immigration

Abortion and gay rights are not on my national voting radar.

I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Is that Putin?

Banned

People should be RESPONSIBLE for their OWN Happiness,...and Security.

Freedom, freedom,...and more Freedom!

What made AMERICA Great to begin with,...

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    Maintaining and improving the government's ability to maximize the happiness and security of the people.
    Do you really believe that government is capable of making people happy? I assume you believe that's a proper function of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    This is mine as well. Income inquality causes a host of large scale economic problems. It impedes economic growth, stagnates job creation, adds to our deficits because less tax revenue is collected, and in general is a huge moral killer for the middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by KeystoneTX
    Illegal Immigration.
    I'm not sure why this would be your number one concern. Illegal immigration is dropping and has been dropping for some time now. Relatively speaking, it's a problem that's getting smaller and smaller.

[quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":222ddhka
    This is mine as well. Income inquality causes a host of large scale economic problems. It impedes economic growth, stagnates job creation, adds to our deficits because less tax revenue is collected, and in general is a huge moral killer for the middle class.[/quote:222ddhka]

Lower spending and taxes. Reduce the size of overall government and allow the little man to compete with the corporations. Stop stealing from the poor via inflation. It isn't hard to do, but you're never going to accomplish anything with an enormous government. You guys look to government to solve the problem of the rich crushing the poor and middle class, but you fail to realize that the rich run the government.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

[quote=NoleSoup4U]
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":jq25gj39
    This is mine as well. Income inquality causes a host of large scale economic problems. It impedes economic growth, stagnates job creation, adds to our deficits because less tax revenue is collected, and in general is a huge moral killer for the middle class.

Lower spending and taxes. Reduce the size of overall government and allow the little man to compete with the corporations. Stop stealing from the poor via inflation. It isn't hard to do, but you're never going to accomplish anything with an enormous government. You guys look to government to solve the problem of the rich crushing the poor and middle class, but you fail to realize that the rich run the government.[/quote:jq25gj39]

The bolded part of your post seems to be at odds with itself. In order to allow the little man to compete with large corporations, you need heavy government interference with the marketplace. Cracking down on monopolies and oligopolies would have to be increased. Tax laws would have to be rewritten to favor the little guy, and the government would have to step in to influence pricing in the direction of the little guy because large corporations have something called economy of scale working in their favor. All of this would be assumed to increase the scope of the government, not reduce it. I don't think that you understand that if you allowed the market to run itself, the little guy would be marginalized even more.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    Do you really believe that government is capable of making people happy? I assume you believe that's a proper function of government.
    Of course happiness is a proper function of the government. Happiness was seen as right in the Declaration of Independence and providing for the general welfare of the country is a mandate written into the Constitution. Further, many state constitutions include happiness as a right.

Thread Information