[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Islamic State beheads Steven Sotloff

Breaking: Islamic State beheads Steven Sotloff

American hostage Steven Sotloff has reportedly been executed by jihadist terrorists. There was no immediate confirmation of the video.

The video reportedly warns governments to back off from "this evil alliance of America against the Islamic State".

Sotloff, 31, disappeared while reporting in Syria in August 2013. His apparent kidnap was not widely reported until he appeared on a video released last month by the Isil.

In the footage a masked militant beheads US reporter James Foley then parades Mr Sotloff, warning he will meet the same fate unless US President Barack Obama ends air strikes against the group in Iraq.
    More to follow.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...mic-State.html

Re: Breaking: Islamic State beheads Steven Sotloff

As Jamies says, if we are going to do this we need to do it BIG.

We have the power to unleash hell on any nation against any enemy, it might be time we did it.

I guess on the bright side, Obama didn't trade 5 terrorist leaders for this reporter. We can only make that deal once a year.

This will be a fascinating campaign issue in 2016.

It certainly will be a wedge issue on the right between the Rand Libertarians and Neo-Con war profiteers.

Conversely, anyone on the left running in favor of putting boots on the ground will be dead meat.

Is the goal of ISIL to punish the US for its foreign policy or to convert or kill all non Muslims around the world? Are they doing this in other countries or mainly targeting Americans? Neither would justify anything they're doing but I am hearing differing things about their motivations and wonder what their end game is - if anything.

Their goal is to establish a caliphate, an Islamic state run by a supreme Islamic ruler. Anyone who doesn't conform to their version of Islam is to be exterminated, and anyone who gets in their way should be attacked. The journalist killings are in retribution for American air strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    Their goal is to establish a caliphate, an Islamic state run by a supreme Islamic ruler. Anyone who doesn't conform to their version of Islam is to be exterminated, and anyone who gets in their way should be attacked. The journalist killings are in retribution for American air strikes.
    If that's their goal, then won't they continue to kill journalists whether we stop the bombings in Iraq or not? Not that I would expect them to tell the truth of course.

I have no doubt they'll try to kill Americans no matter what we do or don't do.

Do these guys obey instructions in the hope that the ISIL guys will change their minds? How do they get them to stay so still and calm in the face of what's about to happen?

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... e=5460417E

I nominate ISIS for the AC-130 challenge!

I suspect that they've survived multiple mock executions, and are tortured if they don't do the right things. When it actually comes, they probably assume this is just another rehearsal.

I suspect that they've survived multiple mock executions, and are tortured if they don't do the right things. When it actually comes, they probably assume this is just another rehearsal.
    Good point, could be. I haven't watched any of these so not sure how they react when they realize it's the real thing.

Too bad for the guy and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    This will be a fascinating campaign issue in 2016.

It certainly will be a wedge issue on the right between the Rand Libertarians and Neo-Con war profiteers.

Conversely, anyone on the left running in favor of putting boots on the ground will be dead meat.

A "fascinating campaign issue". Really brook? Is it ever about leading, doing what needs to be done (wiping these cockroaches from the face of the planet), doing what the people of this country elected Zero to do, what the Constitution commands he do, or is it ALWAYS about just winning an election?

Since day 1 the GOP has worked tirelessly to undermine Obama and be as disruptive and completely disinterested in putting country ahead of party in every circumstance and every issue.

So for someone like you to complain of lack of leadership is total and complete BS.

And in response to what the GOP decided to do liberals will continue to be only be about winning elections until we have complete control of the federal government. That is what the GOP taught us and that is what you are going to get as payback.

Hey, your party worked so very very hard to turn liberals into political orcs dead set on nothing but the extermination of every single conservative impulse this country may have. Be proud - this is what most in the GOP wanted so now you have to own your sh*t.

You seem upset about this. Liberals could give a fuc8k.

Since day 1 the GOP has worked tirelessly to undermine Obama and be as disruptive and completely disinterested in putting country ahead of party in every circumstance and every issue.

So for someone like you to complain of lack of leadership is total and complete BS.

And in response to what the GOP decided to do liberals will continue to be only be about winning elections until we have complete control of the federal government. That is what the GOP taught us and that is what you are going to get as payback.

Hey, your party worked so very very hard to turn liberals into political orcs dead set on nothing but the extermination of every single conservative impulse this country may have. Be proud - this is what most in the GOP wanted so now you have to own your sh*t.

Do you have any conservative or libertarian (or Republican) friends?

Sure do. Most think the GOP conservative position on immigration is nuts. Others don't.

I tend not to discuss politics with the "others".

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtNole
    Good point, could be. I haven't watched any of these so not sure how they react when they realize it's the real thing.

Too bad for the guy and his family.
    Or they could be drugged, or just past the point of caring.

Sad, but expected. Thankfully, I have faith that Obama will not allow this or any other terrorist act like this to goad the US into yet another mindnumbingly stupid and useless military adventure.

How is it BS to complain about a lack of leadership? People like you are the reason there is so much division in this country. How can you just be for a political party and not the country as a whole. I think the majority of politicians are complete A-holes who think just like you. It's about power and nothing else. Disturbing to say the least, but we're getting off topic.

The One will react appropriately. First, check the latest poll, a short statement to the press, then remember to take one more club and choke up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    Sad, but expected. Thankfully, I have faith that Obama will not allow this or any other terrorist act like this to goad the US into yet another mindnumbingly stupid and useless military adventure.

What do you think the response should be.

Thread Information