[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams release Sam

Rams release Sam

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams released defensive end Michael Sam on Saturday, the team announced.

Sam's efforts to become the first openly gay player in NFL history came up just short in a competition against undrafted rookie Ethan Westbrooks.

Westbrooks is one of nine defensive linemen to land a roster spot.

Sam officially hit waivers Saturday at 4 p.m. ET when all NFL teams had to trim their rosters down to the league-mandated 53 players. From there, the other 31 teams will have 24 hours to put in a claim for Sam.

According to one league source, the Rams would like to bring Sam back to their 10-man practice squad.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-st-louis-rams

Banned

Re: Rams release Sam

:mrgreen: That's Racist ... oh wait a min,...

BIGOT!

He was always a long shot to make the Rams but he's shown, I think, that he could be a good situational player for somebody.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

-From Things Plato Never Said

Told ya that the sec was overrated

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    He was always a long shot to make the Rams but he's shown, I think, that he could be a good situational player for somebody.
    And what situation was you thinking of him in? :o

I'm curious to see how many teams will show interest.

I think it is sad that a 7th round draft pick getting cut is this big of news. Did they do individual reports for every player cut from this years draft?

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    I think it is sad that a 7th round draft pick getting cut is this big of news. Did they do individual reports for every player cut from this years draft?
    I think Tony Dungy's remarks, along with the remarks of others, kinda made it into news. Also, the post-draft kiss and subsequent moronic reactions certainly helped make virtually anything attached to Michael Sam instantly newsworthy.

Homosexuality, for some reason I completely don't understand, is a polarizing issue.

And what situation was you thinking of him in? :o
    Well...obvious passing situations, for one. Or...if you're trying to be funny...obvious passing situations.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

I thought that could be the case too...until he passed through waivers unclaimed. You never know what happens from here, but he doesn't have the pure talent to carry him. He was easily beaten out by an undrafted rookie free agent.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    I thought that could be the case too...until he passed through waivers unclaimed. You never know what happens from here, but he doesn't have the pure talent to carry him. He was easily beaten out by an undrafted rookie free agent.
    He has the same problems Tebow has, while Tebow was not going to be a great QB in the NFL he as far from one of the worst ones. Teams don't like players that might cause issues in the locker room.

This is why you will not see Sam playing in the NFL.

Has anybody signed Richie Incognito?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    Has anybody signed Richie Incognito?
    Another locker room issue.

He was drafted where he was for a reason and not b/c he is gay. He was cut for a reason and not b/c he is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Canada. He's got a better chance of playing there than he ever will in the NFL.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Canada. He's got a better chance of playing there than he ever will in the NFL.
    I think I saw yesterday some article where some NFL scout said essentially the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchasVeces
    I think Tony Dungy's remarks, along with the remarks of others, kinda made it into news. Also, the post-draft kiss and subsequent moronic reactions certainly helped make virtually anything attached to Michael Sam instantly newsworthy.

Homosexuality, for some reason I completely don't understand, is a polarizing issue.
    This whole thing was news even before Dungy spoke out on the issue when asked his opinion. Blame the MSM for making this larger than it had to be,

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog

This whole thing was news even before Dungy spoke out on the issue when asked his opinion. Blame the MSM for making this larger than it had to be,
    The Big 12 defensive player of the year and potential NFL player comes out as gay...that's news.

The Big 12 defensive player of the year and potential NFL player comes out as gay...that's news.
    If the big12 defensive player of the year can't make a single NFL team what does that tell you about the big12?

[quote=FSU_Jeep]
    Quote Originally Posted by "FSU_Jeep":2wsjvckx

If the big12 defensive player of the year can't make a single NFL team what does that tell you about the big12?[/quote:2wsjvckx]
    Sorry...should have said SEC defensive player of the year - Mizzou switched when he was a junior. What does that tell you about the SEC?

Thread Information