[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOP poll of women: Party 'stuck in past'

GOP poll of women: Party 'stuck in past'

A detailed report commissioned by two major Republican groups — including one backed by Karl Rove — paints a dismal picture for Republicans, concluding female voters view the party as “intolerant,” “lacking in compassion” and “stuck in the past.”

Women are “barely receptive” to Republicans’ policies, and the party does “especially poorly” with women in the Northeast and Midwest, according to an internal Crossroads GPS and American Action Network report obtained by POLITICO. It was presented to a small number of senior aides this month on Capitol Hill, according to multiple sources.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/g ... z3BhidAGyy
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Re: GOP poll of women: Party 'stuck in past'

Hardly surprising with all the "war on women" hyperbole being thrown around.

Hardly surprising given the crap so many Republicans say about women - and particularly their attitude about equal pay and access to contraception through insurance.

The Rep party has not done much of a job in marketing its ideas / explaining what the benefits of conservative governance would be. You can debate over which side’s theory of govt will ultimately lead to a more prosperous nation, and lift more people into the middle class. But the Reps don’t seem very interested in moving the debate into public consciousness. It’s a debate they need to have, given demographic trends and voting trends. I think they would be smart to run ads featuring some of those soccer moms and talking about what conservative polices could do to help the middle class.
    Even now, in the home stretch to the midterm elections, I don’t think the Reps are doing anything to sell to the American people why they should be voted into office. Maybe they like the internal polling they have, and are trying to “coast” in to a win in the senate. Or maybe the civil war within the party means that actually putting some concrete ideas on the table about what they would do if in power would cause them to alienate a voting block no matter what they said.

It's not just women the GOP has to worry about. The Hispanic voting bloc is even more of a sore spot. I've read that the GOP will need to garner at least 40% of the Hispanic vote to win the White House, with some arguing that they will probably need at least 42-44%. Some Republicans have managed to do this, like Bush, so it can be done. But given the GOP's anti-immigrant rhetoric they've made a cornerstone of their platform, as well as the Democrat's stranglehold on the Hispanics, and the likelihood of the Republicans cracking this 40% mark is very slim.

Further compounding the Republican struggles with Hispanics is that Bush, or Republicans like him, are now seen as RINOs. Their attitudes and policies are labeled "liberal" by today's Republicans.

Even more troubling is that studies have shown that if you can get someone to vote for a certain party a few elections in a row, chances are very good that they will vote for that party the rest of their lives. Currently Hispanics have heavily voted for the Democrats in the last two presidential elections. If you add one more, these voters will likely snub the Republicans for the rest of their lives.

Banned

Rush just destroyed all of this BS...

Please link Rush's supposed destruction of what I just wrote. I'm in the mood for a laugh.

Banned

YUCK Fou Find it yourself, He just talked about it for 20 mins on his show,...so,...Link that.

"Even more troubling is that studies have shown that if you can get someone to vote for a certain party a few elections in a row, chances are very good that they will vote for that party the rest of their lives. Currently Hispanics have heavily voted for the Democrats in the last two presidential elections. If you add one more, these voters will likely snub the Republicans for the rest of their lives."

You prove this more than anyone....

Leave Guck alone - he has fantasies of performing sexual acts on Rush while he does he show.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Leave Guck alone - he has fantasies of performing sexual acts on Rush while he does he show.
    Yuck fou Communist POS. I'll be driving right by you in a little less than a month.

Meet me for a Beer,...unless you are a walking vagania

Guck is a dittohead? Yeah, that rings true.
    King Jackass

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    Guck is a dittohead? Yeah, that rings true.

Havn't you got a Rock to dig up. Comrade?

Better than a Dickhead like yourself.

I do wonder what purpose is furthered by vulgar insults and name-calling. That behavior seems pointless and misguided.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    I do wonder what purpose is furthered by vulgar insults and name-calling. That behavior seems pointless and misguided.
    Says a main Dweble of the Board.

Unwarranted attacks, kinda are a symptom ....

Can you explain your motivation and purpose, guck?

Yeah, personal attacks are poor form. Attack the idea, not the messenger.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    Can you explain your motivation and purpose, guck?
    Nope. Won't do any good. Psychoanalyze someone else.

Banned

Kinda Simple really, Do not do or say anything that will cause the response you got,...

I am not a psychoanalyst. Your most recent post suggests that you intend your insults to curtail discussion and to stifle conversation. That intention seems inconsistent with your voluntary participation and obvious investment in multiple message boards devoted to discussion and conversation.

It's a response to Guck's posts. Its an attempt to demonstrate that his absurd posts will be greeted with derision and condemnation and mockery.

So, either Guck can up the quality of his posts or we'll continue mocking him.

Either result is cool with me.

Thread Information