[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas School Districtís Sign

Banned

Texas School Districtís Sign

Texas School Districtís Sign Is Almost Sure to Irk the Left: ĎPlease Be Aware That the Staff at Argyle ISD AreÖí

New signs posted at the entry to campuses in a Texas school district warns possible evil-doers that their staff is armed and ďmay use whatever force is necessaryĒ to protect students.

ďPlease be aware that the staff at Argyle ISD (Independent School District) are armed and may use whatever force is necessary to protect our students,Ē the signs say.

A Texas school district has posted signs warning possible evil-doers that their staff is armed and "may use whatever force is necessary" to protect students. (Image source: Screen grab KDAF-TV)
    A Texas school district has posted signs warning possible evil-doers that their staff is armed and ďmay use whatever force is necessaryĒ to protect students. (Image source: Screen grab KDAF-TV)
    According to KDAF-TV, the district voted in favor of school marshals in January. Some teachers will now carry firearms under the stateís Protection of Texas Children Act.

ďI trust that the administrators of this school district will put my kidís best interest at heart,Ē parent Lacey Fenoglio told KDAF.

ďI think if a tragedy does occur, lives can be saved by guns being in the right handsÖĒ
    Share:
    ďI think if a tragedy does occur, lives can be saved by guns being in the right hands, and I think the teachers here might be able to stop something like that and life can be saved,Ē he added.

Video Linked http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...rgyle-isd-are/

Teachers who wish to carry firearms are required to undergo a psychological evaluation, gun training and must hold a handgun license, the local CBS affiliate reported.

The school district is not releasing a list of teachers carrying firearms for safety reasons.

Re: Texas School Districtís Sign

I used to live not far from Argyle. Does not surprise me they would do that. Some areas of Texas do not mess around.

I like it.

I support this!

Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Texas School Districtís Sign Is Almost Sure to Irk the Left: ĎPlease Be Aware That the Staff at Argyle ISD AreÖí

New signs posted at the entry to campuses in a Texas school district warns possible evil-doers that their staff is armed and ďmay use whatever force is necessaryĒ to protect students.

ďPlease be aware that the staff at Argyle ISD (Independent School District) are armed and may use whatever force is necessary to protect our students,Ē the signs say.

A Texas school district has posted signs warning possible evil-doers that their staff is armed and "may use whatever force is necessary" to protect students. (Image source: Screen grab KDAF-TV)
    A Texas school district has posted signs warning possible evil-doers that their staff is armed and ďmay use whatever force is necessaryĒ to protect students. (Image source: Screen grab KDAF-TV)
    According to KDAF-TV, the district voted in favor of school marshals in January. Some teachers will now carry firearms under the stateís Protection of Texas Children Act.

ďI trust that the administrators of this school district will put my kidís best interest at heart,Ē parent Lacey Fenoglio told KDAF.

ďI think if a tragedy does occur, lives can be saved by guns being in the right handsÖĒ
    Share:
    ďI think if a tragedy does occur, lives can be saved by guns being in the right hands, and I think the teachers here might be able to stop something like that and life can be saved,Ē he added.

Video Linked http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...rgyle-isd-are/

Teachers who wish to carry firearms are required to undergo a psychological evaluation, gun training and must hold a handgun license, the local CBS affiliate reported.

The school district is not releasing a list of teachers carrying firearms for safety reasons.

Good! My district, even though legal in Florida to arm up teachers now, will not be participating in this sort of proactive measure. We will still be sitting ducks.

It won't be long before a child dies from someone on staff being too quick to yank out their firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Democratic Nole
    It won't be long before a child dies from someone on staff being too quick to yank out their firearm.
    And if instead a gun-wielding maniac is stopped before he can hurt anybody, will you change your tune?

More guns in society equals more dead bodies. Per capita the highest number of deaths by firearm use are in the states where there are the most guns.

So if you believe more guns in people's hands are better for society - you will see less rape, assault robberies, carjackings and other violent crimes.

But, you will also see more dead bodies.

So we should start by getting the guns out of hands of criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizike
    So we should start by getting the guns out of hands of criminals.

But the more guns there are in circulation the easier it is for criminals to get guns.

And if you want to record all gun transactions to trace how guns get to criminals half the country will claim the government is going to turn the entire country into a communist work camp.

If the dead bodies are comprised of the rapists, carjackers and burglars, I don't see what the problem is.

The problem is the dead bodies are often by accident (See the 9 year old who accidently kill her gun instructor the other day as a fine example) or by suicide (yes, suicide rates in homes of gun owners are appreciably higher than homes without guns).

Murderers and rapists are not usually shot and killed Trad - they are most often arrested and imprisoned.

As usual your grasp of the facts is woeful.

"Oh, gosh. I wanted to commit suicide, but I couldn't get a gun, so I'm all better now."

And YOU have a great grasp of the facts? Without guns, people will find a way to kill other people or have deadly accidents through other means. You can't legislate/regulate all harm away, no matter how hard you try.

[quote=The Tradition]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Democratic Nole":11konbd1
    And if instead a gun-wielding maniac is stopped before he can hurt anybody, will you change your tune?[/quote:11konbd1]
    This is the usual retort from pro gun people and it doesn't hold up under scrutiny. Very few people are extremely accurate with firearms under intense pressure situations. Even well trained police officers see huge drops in accuracy when in an actual pressure situation. The last thing that needs to be happening at a school is gun crossfire between a criminal and a teacher. There are better ways to make schools safer than to give teachers firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    "Oh, gosh. I wanted to commit suicide, but I couldn't get a gun, so I'm all better now."

And YOU have a great grasp of the facts? Without guns, people will find a way to kill other people or have deadly accidents through other means. You can't legislate/regulate all harm away, no matter how hard you try.
    I don't think anyone is trying to legislate away all crime or harm. It does however make sense to have legislation preventing some of the most dangerous types of weapons that can easily kill. There's a reason we have restrictions in this country against automatic weapons. People also can't just walk down to Wal-Mart and buy a rocket launcher.

Gun fanatics are that way for cultural push back reasons.

They hate gays and abortions and secular culture being forced down their throats - so they shove guns down our throats as cultural payback.

There is nothing rational about the gun fanatics. They are on a mission of cultural push back. Nothing more.

And like I said - living in a house with a gun makes it much more likely to result in a homicide of a resident of the home BY GUN USE.

THIS IS NOT AN ARGUABLE POINT TRAD - BUT GO AHEAD AND CONTINUE TO LIE TO YOURSELF - I LOVE WATCHING YOU DO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Gun fanatics are that way for cultural push back reasons.

They hate gays and abortions and secular culture being forced down their throats - so they shove guns down our throats as cultural payback.

There is nothing rational about the gun fanatics. They are on a mission of cultural push back. Nothing more.

And like I said - living in a house with a gun makes it much more likely to result in a homicide of a resident of the home BY GUN USE.

THIS IS NOT AN ARGUABLE POINT TRAD - BUT GO AHEAD AND CONTINUE TO LIE TO YOURSELF - I LOVE WATCHING YOU DO IT.
    Living in a house with prescription pain killers makes it more likely that someone will die from an overdose or suicide. Guess we need to ban pain killers.

Living in a house with bicycles makes it more likely that someone will be hurt or killed in a bicycle accident. Guess we need to ban bicycles.

Living in a house with a car makes it more likely... ah, you get the idea.

Harm is all around us. Guns are only as dangerous as the one who holds it. Take away guns and you'll have more murders using knives, clubs, strangulation devices, or bare hands. Weapons are everywhere. Why focus on guns?

Guns by their nature and capabilities make it inherently dangerous.

To compare them to bicycles is moronic.

To compare them cars is fine - so you must agree that government can regulate gun use just like car use. Cool. I'm sure you're in total favor of having people register all transactions of guns.

Your prescription pill argument is actually a rare valid point - but you'll have to show me that it s a fact that having prescription meds in a residence does lead to as many accidental deaths as gun use. You might be right - but I'll reserve judgment uuntil I see data.

Data:

Meanwhile, opioid overdose deaths across the country increased dramatically, from 4,030 in 1999 to 16,651 in 2010, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Three of every four of those deaths involved prescription pain medications.

Of those who die from prescription opioid overdoses, 60 percent have a legitimate prescription from a single doctor, the CDC also reports.

http://www.bigdelivery.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148

Why aren't we banning backyard propane grills! If it saves just one life...

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/dang...osion-18117679

Thread Information