[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Interesting Ven Diagram: describes political positions

Interesting Ven Diagram: describes political positions

I don't think it's entirely accurate because it doesn't have an area that describes libertarians such as Rand Paul, but it is very interesting.

Re: Interesting Ven Diagram: describes political positions

The important point of this diagram is that no one can get elected president unless they're either in the purple area or courting money from people inside the purple area.

The thought being that flawed, selfish people of all ilks primarily resides in that purple area.

It looks like it was prepared by a liberal leaning person. Dems are definitely not pro personal liberty.

Personal liberty is a two edge sword. Gay rights and fighting discrimination are seen as leftist personal liberty causes just as financial liberty is a right win liberty cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Personal liberty is a two edge sword. Gay rights and fighting discrimination are seen as leftist personal liberty causes just as financial liberty is a right win liberty cause.
    And of course abortion too as a leftist personal liberty issue.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    It looks like it was prepared by a liberal leaning person. Dems are definitely not pro personal liberty.
    looks more to me like it was prepared by a libertarian.
    King Jackass

Yellow sounds the best to me. Makes sense, as political tests usually have me as liberal-libertarian.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    looks more to me like it was prepared by a libertarian.
    If a libertarian had made it then there'd be another area that had the qualities of both the yellow and brown areas combined.

Other than marriage, what exactly does 'gay rights' mean? Do gay people not have the same rights as everyone else?

How is fighting discrimination a personal liberty?

Other than marriage, what exactly does 'gay rights' mean? Do gay people not have the same rights as everyone else?

How is fighting discrimination a personal liberty?
    The right to marry is a pretty big part of it, and, at its core, states that being gay can be a natural thing. It's all about official and effective protection under the law and the opportunity to live a full life and not face official legal sanction for being gay. Until that is the case, gay people absolutely do not have the same rights as everyone else.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Thread Information