[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Prepare Yourself for President Rand Paul

It's Time to Prepare Yourself for President Rand Paul

Banned

Re: It's Time to Prepare Yourself for President Rand Paul

It would be nice... But I'll believe it when I see it.

We could do worse - we've witnessed it first hand.
    Generally speakiní: You ainít learniní nothing when youíre the one doiní the talkin

His campaign should be "Hope against hope"

Never gonna happen. He's not part of the club.

No one who supports the right of businesses to discriminate will ever be President (again).

And you all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    No one who supports the right of businesses to discriminate will ever be President (again).

And you all know it.
    We're the United States. Why would we support rights?
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

You can tell how much the left is scared of him by all the focus and emails on him. I hope he is a finalists so people can have a real choice this time around.

And you all know it.

Are rights more important than liberties?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83

And you all know it.

Are rights more important than liberties?
    This is just it. The law didn't do anything except to take away the liberty of the owner of the private property.

The intersection of rights and liberties is an interesting philosophical topic and certainly very relevant today regarding the issue of gay rights and health care laws intersecting with religious liberty claims.

Rights are easy to figure out, if you own it, if it's yours, then you have the right to do with it as you wish as long as you aren't hurting anyone else. Let me ask you this, if there were a restaurant you could go to, where everyone absolutely hated you, would you go there? I wouldn't. Why would you support an establishment like that? Not only that, but if there were a business that wouldn't cater to black people, they would find out that a lot of white people wouldn't frequent that place either. I know that if there were a restaurant that didn't serve minorities I wouldn't eat their either. That's how you handle bigots, through the free market. You don't take away everyone's rights in order to try to stop something that could be contained within the market.

The free market had a very long time toshow it would punish racist businesses.

It didn't accomplish the task so the citizens turned to the law after the market failed.

Every citizen, regardless of race should have the right to be served at a public accommodation - and only political extremists think otherwise. Which is fine - you can believe what you want - just don't expect the rest of the country to care.

My question is are you really upset that racists cannot discriminate while engaging in interstate commerce - or is it that you believe civil rights public accommodation laws blow open the doors of states rights and that as despicable as letting racists discriminate in their business practices may be - the only way to keep the Feds in check is to nullify public accommodation laws?

The free market had a very long time toshow it would punish racist businesses.

It didn't accomplish the task so the citizens turned to the law after the market failed.

Every citizen, regardless of race should have the right to be served at a public accommodation - and only political extremists think otherwise. Which is fine - you can believe what you want - just don't expect the rest of the country to care.

My question is are you really upset that racists cannot discriminate while engaging in interstate commerce - or is it that you believe civil rights public accommodation laws blow open the doors of states rights and that as despicable as letting racists discriminate in their business practices may be - the only way to keep the Feds in check is to nullify public accommodation laws?
    Words like "public accommodation" are what is wrong with this country. There is nothing public about a privately owned business, but when you twist words (like when you consider yourself a "liberal", but you really aren't) then it allows you to take away liberties and nobody seems to care. Once again, would you really frequent a business that hates you? Because you realize that taking away the liberties of these business men only cause more racial problems through animosity, right? You aren't solving anything. In fact, you're making it worse.

Your refusal to answer my question and deflect into definitions is very disappointing.

Care to try again?

BTW - thee is something very public about a privately owned business - namely, their corporate identity is issued to them by the collective. The electricity is provided by the collecting. Their trash is picked up by the collective. The streets leading to their business are maintained by the collective. The cops who police the areas where businesses are located are provided by the collective. The water many businesses require is provided by the collective.

So, as all 9 sitting SCOTUS Justices agree - the collective can assert many requirements. Nice to know I'm arguing with a real far out extremist. You make good political cannon fodder.

Tell you what - if private businesses want to do business under their own name I'm coll with letting them discriminate as they wish - if they want the corporate form they must comply with the lawes the collective passes.

Deal?

Your refusal to answer my question and deflect into definitions is very disappointing.

Care to try again?

BTW - thee is something very public about a privately owned business - namely, their corporate identity is issued to them by the collective. The electricity is provided by the collecting. Their trash is picked up by the collective. The streets leading to their business are maintained by the collective. The cops who police the areas where businesses are located are provided by the collective. The water many businesses require is provided by the collective.

So, as all 9 sitting SCOTUS Justices agree - the collective can assert many requirements. Nice to know I'm arguing with a real far out extremist. You make good political cannon fodder.

Tell you what - if private businesses want to do business under their own name I'm coll with letting them discriminate as they wish - if they want the corporate form they must comply with the lawes the collective passes.

Deal?
    How do you not know the answer to that question? Do you not read my posts? I deplore bigots, but they have rights just like everyone else. It isn't so much that I'm fighting for the rights of bigots, but I'm fighting for the rights of US citizens. How has this escaped you up to this point? I don't pick and choose my liberties like you fascists do. Oh, and you might try answering some questions yourself as you seem to dodge most of mine.

And once again, you go running to the SCOTUS. I just don't get you. You'll come back in your next post and say you aren't hiding behind the SCOTUS, and then you'll do the exact same thing 20 posts from now. Do you not remember what you post or something?

US citizens have exercised their rights through their Representatives to enact public accommodation laws.

Forget SCOTUS - Either you respect the legislative process of not.

It's pretty clear you are arguing that you just know better then an overwhelming number of voters what constitutes liberty. That makes you an anti-American fascist with no respect for for how our Republic operates.

US citizens have exercised their rights through their Representatives to enact public accommodation laws.

Forget SCOTUS - Either you respect the legislative process of not.

It's pretty clear you are arguing that you just know better then an overwhelming number of voters what constitutes liberty. That makes you an anti-American fascist with no respect for for how our Republic operates.
    None of that has anything to do with what we're talking about. We are talking about the liberties that these laws take away, we aren't talking about how they were passed. Keep backtracking.

You want to sever the head from the body.

You wish to discuss liberty as a pie in the sky concept instead of how in functions in a constitutional republic.

Which makes it easy for you to claim any restriction on a persons right to run their business is an improper taking of liberty.

How do you really know it is improper? Are you making a natural law argument divorced from the constitution? And if so - why should I care?

How can you not get this simple concept? We're talking about the liberties that these laws take away. We aren't making a "might makes right" argument. If you want to discuss that, then I suggest you start a new thread on it. I would be happy to opine.

Look Brooklyn, admit that you're okay with passing legislation that takes away liberties in order to force people to live how you would like them too. You're for social engineering through legislation. You're a Fascist. Look, you'll probably be in line with 95% of this board, and of this country, and of this world. So, you're the norm. You guys have won. That still doesn't mean that you aren't Fascists.

Thread Information