[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Board Suggestions

Board Suggestions

Jeep......can we have a board for FSU football? We should have a contest to come up with a name that plays on the control freak cess pool nature of the Tribal board over on Warchant. We get chastized for not being civil but the Tribal board is more dysfunctional than a third world hell hole.

Word

Re: Board Suggestions

That would be cool.

How many sports boards?

--One for everything....

--One for football, one for everything else ("other sports")......

Do I still get banned if I bring up a recruit that I think it coming to FSU ?

I would think just one FSU board. And if someone wants to discuss NFL or MLB on it then that should be cool too. Pretty much if they spilt hairs about it on WC then it should be allowed here. Can't discuss Saban's days at the Dolphins on the Tribal board, you must go to Pro Sports Board that gets 5 visits a month. Phooey

Avatars are enabled! support 100px X 100px in size.

Banned

:twisted: I say we even bring WARCHANT Info over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Jeep had a good point in an email to me today. We are better off not alienating the WC people as they will delete any mention of this board if we do. Just post here as if that place doesn't exist and things will be fine. I'd like to have a vent thread about WC but it would only hurt this place in the long run.

Very much agree with TC. Leave WC in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Jeep had a good point in an email to me today. We are better off not alienating the WC people as they will delete any mention of this board if we do. Just post here as if that place doesn't exist and things will be fine. I'd like to have a vent thread about WC but it would only hurt this place in the long run.

I can't see folks at WC getting too upset over us voicing our opinion over here. Plus it would probably be very entertaining too. Let's do it!

The WC admin would be upset, and they will treat you with prejudice based on what you say on other sites. I would strongly recommend against posting any of their premium content on this board. Just let them be and enjoy the freedom of being elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne

I can't see folks at WC getting too upset over us voicing our opinion over here. Plus it would probably be very entertaining too. Let's do it!
    There is a history of banning people for comments about their moderation that are posted on other non-network boards. Leave them be. It really doesn't benefit us to trash them.

Regarding this board, I think that we should keep everything on one board for a while to keep the traffic moving.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    Regarding this board, I think that we should keep everything on one board for a while to keep the traffic moving.
    This is a good idea

I agree. A little annoying going back and forth to different boards. Not a show stopper.

I moved everything to the voting booth board with the exception of the intro threads. I can merge all of those into one big thread and move it here too. Does that count as over-moderating? Oh my

I moved everything to the voting booth board with the exception of the intro threads. I can merge all of those into one big thread and move it here too. Does that count as over-moderating? Oh my

Stop moving things to Voting Booth that are not political!.......Dangit!

TC_Nole Ox,

In the Introductions forum you started a separate thread, "Big Intro Thread - Post Your Intro Here"

Just to clarify, are you going to merge all the other threads into that one?
    Or was that for something different, like you were giving people the option to post biographical info or to introduce themselves?......wasn't sure where that was going

Quote Originally Posted by Spearchucker87
    TC_Nole Ox,

In the Introductions forum you started a separate thread, "Big Intro Thread - Post Your Intro Here"

Just to clarify, are you going to merge all the other threads into that one?
    Or was that for something different, like you were giving people the option to post biographical info or to introduce themselves?......wasn't sure where that was going

It is a thought, to merge them. We'll see how the poll goes on how many boards. Would be much less cluttered if everything in one thread but if people want their own intro threads then that is what we will do.

TC_Nole Ox,

It is a thought, to merge them. We'll see how the poll goes on how many boards. Would be much less cluttered if everything in one thread but if people want their own intro threads then that is what we will do.
    You might want to consider temporily changing the sub-title of the off topic forum from simply the line about dirty laundry, to include "vote here on the board set-up", or something like that. People might go straight to politics or Intros and not notice the poll

You might want to consider temporily changing the sub-title of the off topic forum from simply the line about dirty laundry, to include "vote here on the board set-up", or something like that. People might go straight to politics or Intros and not notice the poll
    Jeep changed the poll so it appears at the top of all three boards. Let us know if it isn't at the top of the other boards when you view them.

Sure enough, I can see the poll everywhere now, thanks

Thread Information